Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Obligatory Follow-Up to Brag Post

Was doing a little bit of wootin’ yesterday. Couldn’t contain myself, I was so glad to have built up some cabbage over on Full Tilt. Knew I was asking for trouble . . . .

Actually, I just wanted to share this crazy pot limit Omaha hand with you from today & also try out this fancy pants PokerXFactor hand replayer, which I first saw over on Gadzooks’ blog. (Now that I think about it, this here hand is an homage of sorts to ’Zooks.)

I had started with $15 at this table, and had built up to a little over $42 when the following took place. Check it out.


Click here to view a larger version.

The replayer rounds to the nearest dollar, so those early bets are all basically minimum bets, I believe (a quarter each). Seemed like such a harmless little hand until that river!

Have to confess I had no clue VoodooLady had the straight flush. In fact was a bit disoriented when I saw the chips sliding her way instead of mine. Was convinced she must’ve filled up there on the end.

Comments welcome.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger gadzooks64 said...

Ewwww, that river cost you a bundle!

I'd say most of my bad beats added up only cost me the tournament buy-ins which may well add up to less this one hand cost you!

8/14/2007 6:36 PM  
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Hey, at least I picked up a cool $0.18 on my bonus!

One has to look on the bright side . . . :)

8/14/2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger Ingoal said...

Where's the badbeat jackpot when you need it... ;)

8/14/2007 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently lost my last $10 on Bodog playing PLO like this: in the session I was down to $6. In a hand where I rivered a flush beating an A high straight I was up to $14 only to lose it all the next hand when my flopped A high flush was beaten by a rivered full house. In both hands the winners (first me, then my opponent) were behind on the turn having two pair.
Funny thing is the player I beat with my rivered flush was trash talking about my play in that hand and he was the one that raised me on the flopped and called my subsequent all-in with bottom two pair against a single-suited flop. I did not talk trash back. I just typed ´oops, there goes my flopped ace high flush cracked by a rivered full house, I have to refinance :D ´. And despite him chatting all the time up until that moment, not a word from him :D

8/15/2007 2:14 AM  
Blogger Wippy1313 said...

No comment needed other than...doh!

8/15/2007 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.