Saturday, June 28, 2008

2008 WSOP, Day 30: Long Night’s Journey Into Day

Sleepy ShamusWas up until 5:30 a.m. or so working Event No. 46, the $5,000 No-Limit Hold’em Six-Handed event. Kind of an exhausting day, made worse by the fact that somehow I picked up some sort of bug that enveloped me in one of those my-whole-body-hurts kind of illnesses right toward the end of the shift. Digestion, everything all out of whack. I blamed the salad I ate at the Poker Kitchen earlier in the night, though to be honest I don’t know what the culprit was.

As a result, I had a very restless six hours this morning before having to get up and truck back over to the Rio for today’s final table. Have made it through the first couple of levels of the FT without too much trouble, though. Three of the six players have already managed to find the exit, despite the super-deep stacks all enjoyed going in. Am sincerely hoping big time two more decide to gamble it up here and I can get back to bed in short order.

All of which is to say, no time or energy today for a full-fledged post. But I’ll be back, no worries.

Be sure to follow the coverage over on PokerNews.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

Hope you're feeling better. Don't think that your excellent coverage (both here and on PokerNews) goes unnoticed. Keep up the great work!

And if you get a chance, wish Joe Commisso ($5,000 NLHE Six-Handed) the best of luck in heads-up from Mr Subliminal. I "know" him from a trading forum.

6/28/2008 11:27 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

Be always drunken . . .

(One of my favorite plays of all time. Got to see the NYC production with Vanessa Redgrave (Tony winner), Brian Denney, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Robert Sean Leonard.)

6/29/2008 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good.

Salad from a poker kitchen? Doesn't sound to good. Was it a salad bar? I'm afraid of those because you never know what is going to fly or fall into the salad fixings...sorry...I hope that didn't drum up a sick feeling.

Now how about that HORSE final table ;-)

6/29/2008 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.