Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crashing the Two Plus Two Pokercast

Two Plus Two PokercastShould have posted this earlier in the week... I appeared on the latest episode of the Two Plus Two Pokercast with Mike Johnson and Adam Schwartz (episode 173, 5/24/11). I turn up during the first part of the show -- about 20 minutes after it begins -- and stick around for about 20 minutes afterwards.

Got a big kick out of being on the show. As the three of us discussed briefly right at the start of our conversation, I’ve been listening to Mike & Adam for a long, long time. I first picked up their old podcast, “Rounders, the Poker Show,” way back in late 2005 or early 2006, not too long after they started the sucker, actually. That was a time when the poker podcast landscape was relatively barren, with Lord Admiral on Card Club Radio and Ante Up! pretty much the only other weekly shows around.

I remember writing a little something here when they made the move over to 2+2 at the start of 2008. In that post I wondered a little about whether the move would affect the show in any significant way, concluding that I didn’t think it really would. If anything the show has gotten better and better over the last three years, expanding in both length and breadth of coverage. (I’m guessing those of you who remember the old “Rounders” show will probably agree.)

Shamus on the airThe guys have always been very good with interviews, I’ve thought, and they asked some good questions of me. We started out talking about the eighth anniversary of Chris Moneymaker’s triumph in the 2003 WSOP Main Event -- the subject of my Monday post -- then moved on to discuss the upcoming WSOP as well as the experience of having reporting on the Series over the past few years.

Anyhow, if you’re curious do check it out. And if you somehow don’t already listen to the 2+2 Pokercast, let me recommend it as a definite “must-listen” when it comes to poker podcasts.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Poolshark said...

I probably started around the same time and I remember started with Lord Admiral's podcast. Enjoy all three and agree that Pokercast is a great poker podcast.

I already asked ante up, and got no response, but I would love to hear Lord Admiral either do a guest appearance or whatever and talked about what they been up to last few years. Thanks-Mark

5/28/2011 4:13 PM  
Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Hey, Mark,

I did a follow-up interview with Cincinnati Sean a short while after they went off the air ~~> "Hey Cincinnati": Catching Up With Card Club on Lord Admiral Radio. That was way back in the spring 2007.

More recently -- in May 2009 -- Sean, Brent, and Headhunter Mark all appeared on the Poker Soup podcast. You might enjoy hearing that one ~~> Poker Soup, Episode 19.

5/28/2011 5:48 PM  
Blogger Poolshark said...

Thanks did not know about those two, will check them out. Mark

6/07/2011 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts
Older Posts

Copyright © 2006-2021 Hard-Boiled Poker.
All Rights Reserved.